The deliverable for this project is a memo. There is no minimum or maximum page requirement, but all of the questions must be fully answered with sufficient detail. The recommended format is to respond to the questions in a bulleted format. Provide sufficient detail to fully address the questions. You must cite at least two quality sources.
Create a memorandum template with a header of your own design or choosing, brief introduction, addressing Faster Computing, Inc’s questions, and summarizes your position on adopting the Ubuntu Linux disto
Any Linux commands must be displayed in lower case. Information technology acronyms (e.g., SSH or FTP) should be explained for the reader.
Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension. Write concise and logical sentences in standard academic
English that clarifies relationships among concepts and ideas. Incorporate relevant evidence to support the position.
Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs. Define the specifications of the required technologies.
Describe the implementation of controls. Document how IT controls are monitored.
(Describe the implementation of controls.)
- How will security be implemented in the Linux systemsâ€”both workstations and servers?
(Gather project requirements to meet stakeholder needs.)
- End users have expressed some concern about completing their day-to-day tasks on Linux. How would activities such as web browsing work? How would they work with their previous Microsoft Office files?
(Document how IT controls are monitored.)
- The current Windows administrators are unsure about administering Linux systems. How are common tasks, such as process monitoring and management, handled in Linux? How does logging work? Do we have event logs like we do in Windows?
(Incorporate relevant evidence to support the position.)
- Some folks in IT raised questions about the Ubuntu Linux distro. They would like to see comparisons between Ubuntu and a couple of other popular options. What makes Ubuntu the best option?
(Define the specifications of the required technologies.)
- How does software installation work on Linux? Can we use existing Windows software?
- How can Linux work together with the systems that will continue to run Windows? How will we share files between the different system types?