This discussion board is to cover comments on your last individual H/W and video posts that will be posted in the Online Articles and Videos for review folder. Use class time to find answers to the questions below. Use class time to continue your discussions. The discussion board will allow each of you to start discussing the topic of interest. Post answers to these questions and respond to two or more other posts on the topic. Students must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
Individual H/W – Video Summaries and Article Selection Based on Your interests
For this individual HW (called individual H/W because it should be done as an individual and not in a team) you are to look over the â€œArticle Selection Based on Your Interestâ€ web link and do the following.
Article 1 â€“ In a sentence or two answer the following questions:
- Pick one article based on your interest. The website has a list of various articles addressing different topics that are currently in the LSCM field.
- Provide a summary of the article you have selected.
- What topic is mentioned in the article that piqued your interest?
- Briefly describe the topic in the article.
- Because the article is selected based on your interest, tell us why you selected the article.
- If you did not like any of the articles, provide a topic of your interest in the LSCM field and tell us why you are interested in the topic.
- Provide a summary of one or two topics covered in this video
- What are the topics?
- Refer to the CSCMP or customer perspective definition of Logistics, how is that captured in this video?
- What are your takeaways from watching the video?
- How can you relate it to what is currently happening in todayâ€™s market?
Video 2 & 3:
- List two ways that you would relate Video 2 & 3.
- Watch the video and list what types of technology were mentioned in the videos?
- What companies were mentioned in the video,
- what types of companies can use the technology mentioned in the video? And,
- Provide other or similar types of technology in the industry that may provide same capabilities
- Who are the customers that are defined in Video 3?
Video 4: Watch and answer for this discussion – You can also use for your PD reflection.
- What is digitizing the supply chain? Is it possible without technology?
- How would you relate this video to all videos you have watched so far? List a sentence.
- List 10 terms that were mentioned in the video, such as B2C logistics, visibility, Transparency, Data model, et.c.
- In your own words and understanding, describe one of the terms.
- What are your key takeaways from this video?
Video 5 â€“ AI for Supply Chain – Watch and answer for this discussion.
Watch the video and use these questions to critically listen to the speaker:
- List two ways you can relate video 4 and 5.
- Using one topic from class, how will you relate the topic to the information provided in this video?
- What did you like or not like about the video?
- What are your views on the use of technology from watching this video?
- How did the speaker address function silos? Why is this a problem?
- How can you relate the information in this video to what is currently happening in todayâ€™s market? The speaker mentioned the IBM software, what are your thoughts on that?
- Watching this video, what would you think about the future of LSCM?
- How did the video help you understand more about LSCM?
- Last, tie in all that you have learned this semester. Now with what you have learned, how can all the information be summed up in one paragraph?
- Using the information from all course materials, what is your one take away about LSCM?
Articles and videos needed to do the assignment
Article 1: https://www.supplychaindive.com/
Video 1: what is logistics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86lwrDp9dio&list=PLpeX-bLtG09ZdLZZ6zZTtxhnwVfhARChd&index=4
Video 2- accurate forceast planning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLQM3Fo6vM
video 3- appExchange mavericks:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHg8SDwMIcU
Video 4- digitizinf the supply chain: https://hbr.org/webinar/2017/10/digitizing-the-supply-chain
video 5- al for supply chain” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwor9Fva1V4&list=PLpeX-bLtG09ZdLZZ6zZTtxhnwVfhARChd&index=75