Analysis of the Selected Agency
As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected agencyâ€™s planning, organizational design, decision-making process, and implementation, and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will conduct interviews with agency representatives and research related academic sources, the agencyâ€™s website, or any government website. The analysis will be read by the VP of accounts and client support, as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a 5â€“7 page paper in which you:
- Describe the history of the selected agency and department by explaining its reasons (goals and objectives) for being established. Title this section History of [Selected Agency].
- Analyze the organizational design of the selected agency and specific department by describing the design and organizational chart. Assess its effectiveness in making major policy decisions and providing services to its primary recipients. Title this section Organizational Design.
- Include a figure of the current organizational design within the text of the paper.
- Recommend a redesign of the agencyâ€™s structure to better serve the needs of the departmentâ€™s businesses without jeopardizing the goals and objectives of the agency. Explain your reasoning for changing the design, and explain the changeâ€™s impact on the agencyâ€™s effectiveness in delivering quality services. Title this section Assessment of Organizational Design.
- Include a figure of the new organizational design within the text of the paper.
- Analyze 2â€“3 major milestones, factors (internal or external), or actors affecting the agencyâ€™s success and their influence on the effectiveness of the agencyâ€™s planning, organizational design, decision making, and implementation. Also, analyze 2â€“3 possible causes (internal or external) that appear to have the effect of impeding the organizationâ€™s implementation of its policy and meeting its goals and objectives. Title this section Evaluation of Planning and Implementation.
- Recommend 2â€“3 strategies (from the previous criterion) that the agency could implement to improve its effectiveness in the areas of planning, decision making, organization, and implementation, by explaining each recommendation and providing reasons each recommendation would bring about improvement. Title this section Recommendations for Planning and Implementation.
- Include a cause and effect diagram in the text of the paper.
- Provide the completed PAD599 Interview Template for 1â€“2 interviews, putting this information in the Appendix under Interviews.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate and list 4â€“5 relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. Include no more than one non-government website.
Note: Follow the Guidelines for Interview Assignments at Strayer University provided in the Assignment Preparation in Week 1.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed and double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, reference page, and the appendix pages are not included in the required assignment page length. The assignment must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis and evaluation of an agencyâ€™s planning, organizational design, decision-making process, and implementation, and provide recommendations for improvement.