View a 30-minute television newscast. This is a â€œlocal “newscast in any market
The station must have call letters (like WAKA, WTVY, KTVU. NBC13, FOX24, ABC32)
It Must have News, Sports, AND Weather segments.
It can be presented at any time of day (Can be streamed live).
It can NOT be a national newscast (ABC Nightly News, CNN, MSNBC). Or TrojanVision
Many stations stream their news live.
The names of stories presented in order,
Identify what type of story each one is (copy, VO, VO/SOT, package, live, etc.),
Approximate length of each story.
Using the following word document, fill in the story information as well as answering the included questions.
Answer the following questions about the newscast:
1) What was the time of and the name of the newscast?
2) Did the program open with a pre-show tease or a pre-recorded open?
3) How many stories were presented?
4) How many commercial breaks appeared in the newscast? What was the approximate length of each commercial break?
5) How many segments, or blocks, appeared in the newscast? (Blocks usually go from commercial break to commercial break)
6) Were there pre-recorded return bumpers, or â€œrestartsâ€?
7) How many times did weather appear in the newscast?
8) Did the news anchor(s) toss live to weather and sports anchors, or were they introduced by pre-recorded opens? Did weather and sports anchors toss back to the news anchor(s)?
9) Did the anchors tie any of their stories to their online site?
10) Did the anchors have to fill time wich chit-chat at the end, did they cut it short, did the show end of time?