The social marketing theory is a combination of theories that aim to influence attitudes and behavior. The theory has been applied extensively in the public health field to influence both healthy and unhealthy behavior. While behavior influence is one main objective of the theory, it relies on four basic principles.
- Identify and describe the four main principles of the social marketing theory.
- Provide at least one example how the theory can be applied to influence behavior in a healthy way and an unhealthy way.
- View the Social and behavioral change communication challenge (SBCC) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utW3c7ybv98&feature=youtu.be.
- According to the video, what social marketing approach is needed today to effectively influence health behaviors?
- Identify two areas mentioned in the video that social marketing have been used and found to be successful in promoting health behavior changes.
- Which Responsibilities and Competencies of a Health Education Specialist can the social marketing theory be applied to? Please explain.
Length: 2-3 pages (excluding the cover page and the reference list).