Instructional Plan for Adult Learners
For the Final Project, you will develop an instructional plan for use with a specific group of adult learners. You will apply your knowledge of adult learning theories, delivery methods, and learning outcomes to an instructional setting. Your project must be supported by concepts covered in the course text plus a minimum of four scholarly sources.
Select one of the following learner groups as the focus of your instructional plan:
- Adult literacy program
- Vocational training
- Workplace education
- Adult English language learners
- Higher education (college or university setting, traditional or online)
- Community education
Within the instructional plan, you must:
- Describe the selected delivery model for the instructional program (e.g., e-learning, accelerated, on campus).
- Examine the purpose of learning strategies and outcomes in assessing student growth and comprehension.
- Apply relevant adult learning and developmental theories to the selected instructional delivery model and learning strategies.
- Assess the role of technology within the instructional plan.
- Discuss the role of adult learners’ cultural values and beliefs in the framework of teaching and learning.
The Final Project must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and it must be formatted according to APA style as outlined
Here are some references to use that i have been reading from for classTaylor, K., Marienau, C., & Fiddler, M. (2000).
Developing adult learners. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
Baumgartner, L., Lee, M., Birden, S., & Flowers, D. (2003). Adult learning theory: A primer. Information series (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Report No. 392). Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED482337
Imel, S. (1999). Using technologies effectively in adult and vocational education (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (Practice Application Brief No. 2). Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED427257.pdf