TOPIC – Cellular respiration and Photosynthesis
DETAILED RESEARCH PAPER (not more than 5year old references must be 2013 -date mostly journal or research articles – no wikipedia etc..)
Abstract, 3 pages and references
Table of Content page
Running Head in ( capital letters)
Times New Roman font
5 different source
Last five years
BCCC Bio 102 Principles of Biology – Research Paper Instruction
1. Select any one topic of your choice related to your syllabus in Biology
2. First Page is the Cover page: Should include the following:
At the top page: Running head: SHORTENED TITLE OF YOUR PAPER
At the middle of the page: Full Title of Paper
Student’s Name College Name
Professor’s Name Course Name
Course Index # and
Date you hand in this paper
3. Second page is ‘Table of Contents’ page: Table of Contents (TOC) should always
come after your title page. In TOC give the main sections of your
paper and the page number of where those sections begin. When formatting your
TOC, be sure to use the “Tabs” option under the Formatting Toolbar, as that will
help you create leaders and align your page numbers.
4. Third Page is ‘Abstract’ Page: An abstract is a summary of your paper in 120 words or
less. Center the word Abstract one inch from the top of the page. The abstract should be a
single paragraph without indentation.
5. 4th, 5th and 6th Pages are your ‘Main paper’. Type in the Full Title of Your Paper and Start typing in your paper. When you type in your paper, the first line must be indented by ½ an inch.
This is called a first line indent. You will write a minimum of three (3) pages on this topic (excluding graphs and pictures).
6. Seventh page /last page on your paper is the ‘Reference’ page. (Only include the references you used in your paper).
The REFERENCES page is alphabetized according to the author’s last name. Each reference usually has the following: author, year of publication, title of book or article (Capitalize only the first word of the title), volume numbers or page numbers and publication data.
Notice that if one citation takes up more than one line, the remaining lines in that citation are indented by ½ an inch. This is called a hanging indent. Please consult the ‘Citation’ handout for more information. Also, don’t use a period at the end of a web address.
Reference materials related to your topic should be from 3 different sources, i.e. textbooks, scientific publications/journals, internet, newspaper, magazine etc. The reference articles must be published within the last five years.
7. Originality of the Research Paper will be checked by submission to ‘Turnitin’ by the instructor.
8. Your research paper should be typed with page number, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides. You should use 12 pt. size, Times New Roman font.
9. Include a page header (also known as the “running head“) at the top of every page. To create a page header/running head, insert page numbers at right. Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” in the header left using all capital letters. The running head is a shortened version of your paper’s title and cannot exceed 50 characters..
10. Submit the completed research paper online through canvas on time.