For this week’s assignment, you will write a paper that fully discusses the following components of caregiving in the U.S.-each component should be addressed in separate paragraphs, with APA appropriate headings.
- Fully describe four of the physical, psychological, and economic costs of caregiving.
- Examine the different ways in which informal caregiving differs for women and men.
- Describe the approximate monetary value of caregiving services provided by informal caregivers.
- Describe the reasons that our society does not fully value caregiving work.
- Describe some reasons why family members are the primary source of caregiving for frail older adults.
- Describe three types of interventions that have been found to reduce caregiver stress and enhance their well-being. Paper should include and Introduction and Conclusion.
Hooyman, Nancy, Kawamoto, Kevin, Kiyak, Asuman. (2015).
Aging Matters: An Introduction to Social Gerontology (1st ed.). Retrieved from Hurst, L., Stafford, M., Cooper, R., Hardy, R., Richards, M., & Kuh, D. (2013, September).
Lifetime Socioeconomic Inequalities in Physical and Cognitive Aging.
American Journal of Public Health, 103(9), 1641-1648.